The Area Ministry Director job will require you to grow in character and competency. This course is designed to help you begin that journey. We will focus on a few skills within the framework of “people, vision & structure”. We will foster an environment to learn from God’s word, mentors and each other. This class is required and limited to all members of the New AD Cohort.
This course is by invitation only, for the 2020-2021 cohort.
Program Director: Jasmin Rouse
Dates: June 22-24, 2020 (schedule coming soon!)
Meeting Location: Zoom and Microsoft Teams
NEW AREA DIRECTORS WILL:
- Grow in Spiritual Formation
- ADs will understand they’re serving the same mission but from a different role and how their spiritual formation is integral within the intersection of mission and management.
- Supervise Effectively
- ADs will diagnose a person’s development level in relation to a task in an inclusive manner. ADs will also match the corresponding leadership style to a diagnosis, so they neither under-supervise nor over-supervise their people.
- Coach MPD Effectively
- ADs will create a team culture around MPD that is inclusive and spiritually formative while coaching their staff via the GROW coaching model.
- Day 1 | Monday, June 22
- Session 1 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EST
- Day 2 | Tuesday, June 23
- Session 2 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
- Session 3 | 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM EST
- Session 4 | 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST
- Day 3 | Wednesday, June 24
- Session 5 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EST
- Session 6 | 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST
- Day 4 | Thursday, June 25
- Session 7 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EST
Click here for a more detailed schedule including session topics and time zone adjustments.
Online New Area Director Training