Deadline to Book Flight: May 15
The online form will close on May 15, so if you need to book your flight after that point, you will need to call Burkhalter directly and pay out of pocket. After May 15, ONS will only reimburse up to $400 of the ticket cost, so you will need to submit an expense report for up to $400 of the ticket cost. You will have to pay for the remainder of your flight cost and can bill it to your staff account by submitting an expense report to your supervisor.
Steps for booking online with Burkhalter:
- OPTION 1: You already have a login and password with Burkhalter - CLICK HERE
- Company: InterVarsity
- Member ID: Your email address
- Password: The password you selected during self-registration.
- OPTION 2: You need to setup a new user account - CLICK HERE
- Download THIS FILE to assist you with the self-registration process.
- Search for a flight with the arrival and departure parameters listed on the ONS TRAVEL PAGE.
- Once you find a flight that works within the arrival and departure parameters and is decently priced, book the flight and pay using the InterVarsity Credit Card on file option.
- After you submit your flight, your itinerary will be held by Burkhalter and processed by their agents. If your flight is approved and ticketed, you will receive an email confirmation of the ticketed itinerary.
Steps for booking by phone with Burkhalter:
- Office Hours:
- Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Saturdays, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Call toll-free at 1-800-556-9286. Burkhalter personnel will have all the parameters of when you need to arrive and when you are free to depart from ONS.
- Tell them you are an InterVarsity staff member attending Orientation for New Staff (ONS), and they will book your flight at an airline contracted rate that will be below all published fares.
- Burkhalter will email you with an itinerary option. Please respond within 24 hours of receiving your itinerary via email. From the time they quote you a fare, the airline will only be able to hold the itinerary for 24 hours so a quick reply will be greatly appreciated.
- There is a complimentary Premier Park Hotel shuttle that will run from the airport to the hotel during the afternoon on the day of arrival.